In the past, I have never warmed up to stuffed peppers. Maybe it was the texture or the flavors, I don’t know BUT I do know this recipe put my head in a spin. All the while it was baking in the oven, I could swear the neighborhood was lining up at the front door. It is beyond fabulous. Give it a go!
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 grated onion
- 1 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cooked rice (1/3 cup raw)
- 4 large peppers, cut in half, seeded
Cook the rice (1/3 cup rice and 2/3 cup water) and salt until done.
Spray a medium size roaster with non-stick spray and set aside.
Prepare the peppers by cutting half, removing the stems and all the seeds. Shave off the pointy top part so they sit better. Arrange in the roaster and set aside.
In a large bowl mix the turkey, seasonings, onion, sour cream and rice by hand and then fill the peppers equally.
- 1 can condensed Campbell’s tomato soup
- 1 can chicken broth (could use beef)
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the sauce over the peppers and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 75-90 minutes. When ready to take to the table, spoon all the sauce over the peppers. OMG! These are sooooo delicious.
- Even if you don’t care for bell peppers, you will love this recipe.