This is a new slant on the egg salad sandwich. I know if you try it you will really like it. Don says this is the best egg salad sandwich I have made.
- 2 bacon slices, cut in half, cooked crisp
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 large rib of celery, strings removed
- 3 chopped green olives stuffed with pimento
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp. large grain Dijon mustard
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 4 slices of sesame seed bread toasted OR 2 portuguese buns warmed
Combine chopped eggs, celery, and olives in a bowl. Mix the mayonnaise and mustard together and combine with the egg mixture.
Lightly toast the bread. On each slice of bread place a lettuce leaf and put the egg mixture on one side, add the bacon slices and top with the other slice of bread.
This is really good if served with baby tomatoes with a few potato chips