Serve this with warm muffins and freshly brewed coffee. Serves 4
- 1-9″ unbaked pie shell from frozen puff pastry
- 2 tsp. butter
- 12 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and diced small
- 2 cups whipping cream (of course it’s good for you)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. onion salt (not real onion)
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees, Saute bacon until crisp. Beat cream, eggs and spices until well mixed. Sprinkle pie shell with bacon, red pepper and cheese. Pour egg mixture carefully on top. Bake at 425 degrees for fifteen minutes, then reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake for approximately forty minutes or until knife inserted in the centre, comes out clean.
I opted for red pepper rather than onions (I don’t eat them and several of our guests from our Bed and Breakfast days didn’t either). Yes, the man in your life will enjoy it.
Try it and let me know what you think.