If you want a luscious dressing for salads, or salmon this is it. Absolutely delectable.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 tbsp. white wine vinegar (read the whole line. yes! vinegar)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 small shallot (finely chopped-no more than 1 tbsp.)
Puree first 7 ingredients until smooth.
With machine running slowly add the olive oil. Transfer this to a bowl and whisk in the cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the dry herbs. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours. When ready to serve, keep at room temperature for 15 minutes and rewhisk. Can be made one day ahead.
Taste Rating: 9