- This is one good way to get your vegetables. Serve this for your company and get raves.
You will need:
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups good brand chicken stock
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 stalks celery, ribs removed
- 2 cups whipping cream
- freshly grated nutmeg
- pinch of salt and pepper
In a large saucepan, saute butter and onion until soft and golden. Add garlic and cook another minute. Add stock and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to a simmer, add celery, cauliflower and bay leaf. Cook about 10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Remove bay leaf.
Pour ingredients into a blender (small batches) and puree. Return to saucepan and add the cream, and season to taste with the nutmeg, salt and pepper. If the soup is too thick, lighten with a little half and half cream.
Ladle into pretty soup bowls and place 3 small crackers on the plate.