Oooh this is so good. You will love it, I know.
- 1/2 cup Pancetta, cooked and crumbled
- 4 medium potatoes (Yukon gold is best), chopped
- 1/4 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups cream style corn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-2 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 wedge Champ Fleury cheese
Saute pancetta until crisp and then crumble. In a saucepan, add chopped potatoes and onions, and the crumbled pancetta. making sure not to burn the pancetta. Add everything except the cream. Cook until the potatoes are done, slowly add the cream, stirring constantly. Cut the soft rind off the cheese and add to the soup, stirring until completely melted. Do not boil.
I love a thick chowder and this one fills the bill for comfort food.