You may think you don’t like cold soups, but let me assure you, once you have tried them I think you will agree just how fabulous they are. You only have to make sure the melons are fully ripe but not too mushy or hard. (think of the three bears and the bowl of porridge).
This serves 6
- 8 cups of ripe honeydew melon, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger
- juice of 1 whole lemon
- 1 tsp. Fruit Fresh (ascorbic acid)
- 1 cup frozen apple concentrate
- 1/2 cup Piesporter wine
- 2 melon slices per person, chopped fine
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain into a bowl, cover and keep in the fridge until ready to serve. This soup must be served cold.
Ladle even portions into your prettiest bowls. Spoon a few peices of chopped melon in the center of the soup.
In a word: yummy!