This is one of those recipes too easy to consider as being company fare, BUT it is. The first time we tasted it, my husband, his daughter Suzanne (who made it and gave me the recipe back in 2002) and I stood outside on the sidewalk, talking and eating….we ate the whole thing.
All it is:
- 8 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 tbsp. Worchestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chili sauce (may need more)
- crab or pollock (however you spell “fake crab”……the more you use the better it is. Chopped into chunks.
Mix the cheese, Worchestershire sauce and lemon juice together until fluffy. Spread this in a shallow serving dish.
Spread the chili sauce on top. Drain and rinse the crab (if using real) and spread over the chili suce. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley to make it pretty.