With summer coming, salads are in the forefront. This is another tasty, served cold, absolutely wonderful salad. Give it a try.
The ingredients are few and just may be in your pantry.
- 1 cup fresh button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- Fresh orange slices from 1 large orange
- bag of spinach with stems removed, washed and spun dry,
- 1/2 cup each of mayo and sour cream
- couple sprigs of parsley, chopped fine,
- 1 clove garlic, minced,
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
In a blender, combine mayo, sour cream, parsley, vinegar, lemon juice and garlic.
Toss the spinach with the mushrooms, orange slices and dressing. Plate and lay egg slices on top. On one side of the plate, put two or three crackers, but not saltines. Make it different.