How many chicken recipes do you know? How many do you use? I’ll bet it is probably the same 5 all the time. Am I right? Well, here is one more to at least try and I will bet it becomes in the top 3 that you make.
- 1 1/3 cups dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2/3 cup panko crumbs or more if needed for coating
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. shredded Manchego cheese
- 1 tsp. Spanish paprika
- generous pinch of: sugar, salt and crushed dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. each of garlic powder and onion powder
- 1 tbsp. Crisco oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, halved
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 3 quart rectangular baking dish with Pam spray.
Stir together the apricots, cranberries, honey and ginger and set aside.
Stir together the panko crumbs, parsley, flour, cheese, paprika, sugar, salt, oregano, garlic and onion powders. Add the Crisco oil and mix together.
With the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap, use a meat mallet and pound out to about 1/4 inch thick. Use 1/4 cup of the fruit mixture and place in the middle of each breast. Roll up and fold in both ends. Secure these with toothpicks.
Now, carefully dip into the egg mixture and roll in the panko crumbs. Set in the prepared pan. Sprinkle the snipped parsley over the top and bake for about 40 minutes, until thoroughly cooked through. Remove the toothpicks before plating and serve with buttered egg noodles or just a simple salad.
Gourmet looking dinner, easy on the diet and quick to make.