What a gourmet way to serve four people a chicken dinner. True! It looks and tastes like a 5 star restaurant…well, I guess it is ‘cuz it is yours.
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 3 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup Crisco oil
- 3-6 tsp. water (optional)
Puree the blackberries, vinegar and sugar in a blender until smooth. With blender running, slowly add the oil. Add water until it is as thin you want it to be for a sauce. Set aside.
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. plus pinch of kosher salt
- 3 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup honey mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise not salad dressing
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 large skinless boneless chicken breast halves, butterflied
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp. peanut oil
- 4 cups mixed spring greens
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
Preheat oven top 375 degrees. Mix the nuts, panko crumbs, 1 tsp. salt and 2 pinches of pepper to a bowl. Mix the honey mustard, mayo, Dijon mustard and remaining salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper to a bowl.
Dip the chicken pieces, one at a time, to completely coat and press gently to adhere.
Divide equal amounts of the butter and peanut oil to a skillet and cook the chicken pieces on medium heat for about 4 minutes each side. Transfer to a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for another 15 minutes until completely cooked through.
Put equal amounts of the mixed spring greens on 4 salad plates, chicken on top. Add some fresh berries and place the sauce on the side. YUMMY!