Okay, you want to do something ‘special’ to go with your signature drinks prior to dinner….or just an evening together with good friends. Try this and surprise them and yourself. Remember your mantra “Damn, I can do this”.
- 20 oil cured black olives
- 2 medium garlic cloves, baked and removed from the base
- 2 tbsp. capers, really well drained
- 2 tsp. Dijon grainy mustard
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. chopped basil
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley, fresh only
- More Italian parsley
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup really good olive oil
Place the olives on a cutting board and smash them down to remove the pits. Place the olives and everything except the olive oil in a blender and puree.
Be sure to scrape down the sides of the blender. Slowly add the olive oil and blend until completely absorbed.
Refrigerate and place in a pretty bowl on a platter of toasted/buttered toasted baguette or focaccio crisps. Snips bits of parsley and scatter over the bread so it can be added (or not) to the tapenade.