Always looking for new ways to impress for the summer meals on the deck? The flavours in this salad will amaze you ….and remember, damn you did it. This will serve 4.
- 1 can lentils, rinsed well and drained
- 3 tbsp. chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 peaches, skin removed and sliced thin
- 1 small container feta cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup toasted pistachios, chopped coarsely
- 2 tbsp. honey
- sufficient amount of fig balsamic vinegar
In a bowl combine the lentils, parsley, mustard, oil, vinegar. Mix well and refrigerate, covered.
Arrange the lettuce leaves (if really large, break down so it is easy to consume), scatter the peach slices and the tomatoes at random. Top with the lentil mixture and sprinkle with the nuts. Drizzle the honey and fig balsamic vinegar over the salad.