- 1 lime
- 1 1/4 lb. trout fillet, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. fresh cut up oregano
- 1/2 slice white sandwich bread
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped seedless cucumber
- 8 focaccia slices, thickly cut, toasted
Finely shred the peel from the lime and juice the lime to get 1 tsp. Set aside.
In a food processor combine the trout, egg, oregano, bread, half the lime peel, pinch each of salt and pepper. Pulse 5-7 times until the mixture holds together. Scrape down the sides as necessary. Cover, and chill for half an hour.
In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, cucumber, remaining lime peel, small pinch of salt and pepper, and chill.
Shape the trout mixture into 4 patties. Preheat the barbecue, but cook these indirectly, grilling for about 5 minutes, turn over and cook a further 3-5 minutes.
Serve these on the toasted focaccia bread, add lettuce and top with the yogurt mixture. Hey, isn’t summer a wonderful thing? You betcha!