Even Mikey will like this and your children won’t recognize the ‘veggies’ so it is definitely a “win-win” meal.
- 1 large cauliflower
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. red chili flakes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup finely diced dried apricots
- sea salt and fresh black pepper
- 1 tbsp. sumac powder
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios, for garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
Cut the cauliflower in half. Remove the leaves and most of the core. Cut in 1/2 inch slices and place, in batches, into a food processor fitted with a blade. Pulse gently until the texture is similar to rice or couscous.
Heat a large skillet to a medium temperature and add the cumin and red chili flakes. Saute until fragrant (about 5 seconds). Add the onion and sautÃ© until lightly browned. Add the red pepper, raisins, apricots and cauliflower. Season with salt and pepper. Increase the temperature to medium high, turning often until the cauliflower is lightly browned and cooked to the desired texture (about 4 minutes). Sprinkle with pistachios and cilantro. Mix really well and transfer to a warmed serving dish.
In a word: yummy!