I get it – deck time is around the corner and it is always a treat to put out a salad no one has made before and this is really nice one to make.
- 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- grated lime peel
- 1 tsp. white rum
- 2 tsp. honey
- pinch of salt
- pinch of ground pepper
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 pineapple, skin and core removed, flesh cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 lb. jicama, skin and core removed, flesh cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 ripe avocados (about 8 oz. each)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1 butter lettuce, leaves washed, dried and separated.
Whisk together the lime juice, rum, honey, grated lime peel, salt and pepper together adding the oil, whisking to combine. Set aside.
Finishing the Salad
Combine the pineapple and jicama chunks in a small bowl. Add the dressing and toss well. Set aside.
Carefully slice the avocados lengthwise and twist to open. Remove the pit and skin and slice each half in half again. Arrange 2 of the quarters on a couple of lettuce leaves on the bottom of 4 serving plates.
Add the cilantro (if using) to the pineapple mixture and toss to combine. Spoon over the avocados, serving immediately with warm, fresh rolls.