- Looking for a salad that will really make you a wonderful Hostess – here we are!
- 2 Bartlett pears, ripe but still firm
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- pinch of salt
- pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced in rings
- 2 heads of baby spinach, stems removed
- 1 /2 bunch watercress, stems removed
- 1/4 lb. Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 tsp. fig balsamic vinegar
Cut pears in quarters and peel, core and cut each quarter in 1 inch pieces and place in a bowl. Set aside.
Whisk together the olive oil, honey, dry mustard, salt and pepper until combined. Carefully toss with the pears.
Place a medium fry pan over a medium heat and add the pears and onions, cooking until the pears a golden brown and the onions are slightly wilted. (approximately 3 minutes).
Transfer the pears, onions, and any juices in a bowl. Add the spinach, watercress, cheese, fig balsamic vinegar and gently toss.
Serve this warm with a crusty roll, glass of the grape and what a wonderful beginning to a special dinner.