With the festive season fast approaching, here is a recipe to help with the Buffet. It is made with leftover turkey (this makes it a great Boxing Day or New Year’s Eve treat) and rice.
- 1 cup rice
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups cooked turkey, diced
- 3 cups white mushrooms, cleaned and sliced, sauted in 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 pint of whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups of turkey stock OR chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. grated onion
- 2 tbsp. diced pimento
- pinch each of salt and pepper
- 3-4 tbsp. grated Tex Mex cheese (or more)
- 1 tbsp. butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook the rice until tender. Drain the rice, if needed and put in a large bowl.
Toss in the turkey and mushrooms. Add the whipping cream and stock, onion, pimento and salt and pepper, Mix this up and put into a buttered baking dish and bake for approx. 1 hour.