This will make two pies: if you only need one, freeze the second or invite a friend for coffee.
- 4 eggs
- 1-796 ml can of pure pumpkin (E.D.Smith is the best)
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. grated candied ginger (usually one piece is more than enough)
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 2 from scratch pie crusts
Beat eggs slightly. Add pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt and mix until well blended and smooth.
Blend in the milk and divide filling into pie shells. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes and lower heat temperature to 350 degrees for about another 40-45 minutes until a knife inserted in the centre of the pies comes out clean.
Cool. Serve with some cinnamon flavoured whipped cream. The heart you see is a tradition that got started one year only because I forgot to put it on. Later on that.
Keep it tasty, I always say!
Taste Rating: 9.9