The main colour in this is green…so don’t think something is missing.
- 2 lbs unshelled fava beans (24-25 pods)
- 1 lemon
- 6 inner stalks celery, plus hearts, peeled and cut into 4 inch sticks
- 2 sprigs parsley, coarsely chopped
- 8 oz. pecorino cheese, sliced
- heads belgian endive, separated
- 1/2 cup green olives
Split bean pods lengthwise and with your fingers, remove the beans. Bring a small saucepan of water to boil and add the beans. Cook for 10 seconds and immediately plunge into ice water. Gently pop the bean from the skin. Set beans aside.
Cut lemon in half and squeeze over the celery. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Arrange beans, celery, cheese, endive leaves and olives on a serving platter and garnish with more parsley sprigs. Add a couple of lemon wedges on the side of the platter.
If everything is cold when you served it, it won’t last. Truly delicious.