Oooooh! I love it when I can surprise people with a new chilled soup. This is my version of a recipe that is used in a hotel in Bankok, and is very refreshing.
- 2 1/2 cups of cubed, fresh pineapple
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled, cored and seeded, chopped
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp. Worchestershire sauce
- pinch of salt and white pepper
- diced fresh pineapple for garnish
Blend the pineapple, cucumber, bell pepper and water in a food processor until thick and smooth. Add the cream, Worchestershire sauce, salt and pepper and pulse until well combined. Pour through a fine sieve into a bowl, pressing hard on the solids.
Chill, covered until very cold for about 1 hour. Ladle into pretty bowls and garnish with the diced pineapple.
Yummy! Add a glass of chilled Chardonnay (NK’Mip makes a great one).