This is a fun version of Tiramisu. Great for the weekend with friends (not just kids, thank you very much) but truly fabulous.
One thing that really makes it “pop” is using parfait glasses (sundae).
- 2 tbsp. instant coffee crystals
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 x 3 oz. packages ladyfingers, cut crosswise into quarters
- 1 x 14 oz. can condensed milk
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese, softened
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- grated dark chocolate and fresh strawberries for garnish
Dissolve crystals in the hot water and set aside 1 tbsp of the coffee. Brush the ladyfingers with the remaining coffee.
With an electric mixer, beat 3/4 cup of the condensed milk into a large bowl. Add 1 1/2 cups whipping cream, vanilla and reserved coffee until soft peaks form. Carefully fold in the chocolate chips.
In a small saucepan, melt the remaining chips and condensed milk.
To serve, layer the mascarpone, chocolate mixture and ladyfingers in the parfait glasses, starting and ending with the mascarpone mixture. Chill at least 4 hours.
When ready to serve, beat the remaining whipping cream until almost firm peaks form. Top each glass with a generous dollop, sprinkle grated chocolate and top with a fanned out strawberry (not a cherry).
Looks great, tastes great, you’re great!
*Note: If truly for adults, add 1/4 cup Kalhua to the melted chocolate mixture…just sayin’