This dessert is great for a party…birthday party…..Brunch celebrations….or just you. Cut in squares as needed and you have your own party.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup chopped pecans or chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup melted butter (not margarine)
- 1 cup either Butterscotch or chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups either Butterscotch or chocolate sundae sauce
- 8 cup softened ice cream
Combine the flour, oats, nuts and brown sugar in a large bowl. Stir in the melted butter and mix really well. Spread evenly on a cookie sheet. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until golden. Crumble while still warm and cool completely.
Press one half of the mixture in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Stir the chips into the remaining mixture. Drizzle half of the sauce over the base and start to spoon in the ice cream, making sure it is level.
Drizzle the remaining sauce over the entire surface and cover with the remaining crumbs.
Cover with plastic and freeze completely. The nice thing about this recipe is you can use whatever ice cream you wish. For me? Chapman’s make the best.