Okay, the weather is improving and this would be an awesome drink to start off the new season and warmer weather. There are a few steps to take first.
1. Clean the deck/patio of all winter debris
2. Quickly wash it down and set out the furniture (hurry before a Spring snow-shower appears)
3. Go to the kitchen and begin:
- 1/4 cup Cognac
- 1/4 cup Calvados (yum)
- 2 tbsp. Grand Marnier
- 2 tbsp. Pear liqueur
- 4 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- crushed ice
- thinly sliced pear pieces
Pour the ingredients into a shaker filled with crushed ice. Shake vigorously for about 20-25 times. Strain into 2 martini glasses and top with a thin slice of pear.
Go out on the deck now and toast the new season. Yeah! Bring on the sun…this could be considered a ‘starter’ drink. Take that whichever way you wish…start of a headache ….start of a fun summer ahead…you silly, that is all I was thinking of.