The one constant about summer has to be the wonderful, juicy taste and texture of ice cold ripe watermelon. Here is another way to get that summer “comfort” food….okay, cocktail…whatever!
- 9 oz. tequila
- 3 tbsp. agave syrup (natural sweetner)
- 36 mint leaves
- 6 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 cups cubed and seedless watermelon
- crushed ice and club soda
- thin watermelon wedges for garnish
- 6 x 12 oz. glasses
To each glass add 1 1/2 oz. tequila, 2 tsp. agave syrup and 6 mint leaves. Using the handle of a wooden spoon muddle the mixture for 20 seconds. Add 1 tbsp lime juice to each glass.
In a blender, puree the watermelon until smooth. Divide equally among the glasses. Top with ice and soda water and gently stir. Add a thin wedge of watermelon on edge of the glass and serve.
Ahhhh yes…watermelon. Yummy.