If you need a quick and easy meal on any given weekday, this one is a real winner.
- 1 avocado, halved, pit removed and peeled
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 4 x 4 oz. trout fillets, bones removed
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- pinch of salt
- pinch of lemon pepper seasoning
- 4 buns (cheese or onion) split
- 1 small fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced (2/3 cup)
- 1 orange, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
In a blender, combine the avocado, oil, juice, 2 tbsp. water, mustard and sugar. Cover and blend until smooth. Set aside.
Rinse the fish and pat dry. Grill on a rack (sprayed with Pam) directly on medium heat for 3-4 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper.
Grill buns, cut sides down until lightly toasted.
Serve the fillets on buns and top with the avocado aioli. Add the fennel and orange slices. In a simple description….YUMMY!