This is a great ‘southwest’ side dish. Serve with grilled fish or even just as a snack with tortilla chips (such as watching hockey games or football).
- 2 ripe papayas, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- juice of 1 whole lime
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 shallot, small dice
- 1 can black beans, drained
Combine the above ingredients in a bowl, cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
Bring on the tequila or whatever, turn on the televsion and you are in for a fun time.