Wanting a new dip for veggies at your party? This would be a great ‘new’ one to serve one and all.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 oz. really sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 8 oz. crab meat, check for cartilage first and remove
- 1/4 cup chopped pimento
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- hot sauce to taste
- pinch of coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups rustic bread cubes (from a French bread loaf, crusts removed)
- fresh vegetables such as celery sticks, cucumber spears, etc.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Whip the cream cheese until very soft and smooth. Add the cheddar and 1/2 cup mayonnaise and stir to combine. Add the lemon juice, salt and a drop or two of hot sauce (to taste). Spoon into two 14 oz. baking dishes, dividing evenly.
Stir together the bread and remaining 2 tbsp. mayonnaise. Top the spread with the bread mixture, dividing evenly. Bake on a baking dish until bubbling (about 25 minutes). Serve immediately with the vegetables.