As this is really twinned to the Rack of Lamb recipe posted yesterday, you can make it up today or go shopping and make for the weekend and then be sure to light the candles on the table and put out cloth napkins, making the table look so inviting. How romantic and special is this?
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- coarse salt
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 – 1/4 inch thick slice of peeled ginger
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped dill
- 1/3 cup of pomegranate seeds from half a pomegranate
- 1/3 cup toasted and coarsely chopped pistachios
- 6 large, fresh and soft dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
Bring the rice, water, pinch of salt and the ginger to a boil in a small saucepan. Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for about 15-16 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed. Let stand for 10 minutes then fluff up with a fork.
Transfer to a large bowl, and let this cool for about 5 minutes. Add the dill, seeds, nuts, dates, oil and lime juice. Stir gently to incorporate well. Serve with the lamb and a glass of the red grape.