Well the warm summer days are coming (aren’t they?) and this is a lovely, fresh drink to consume on the deck with friends. Easy to make and delightful to consume. If you don’t consume alcohol change the white wine for a non-alcoholic white ‘wine’ and go from there. Easy.
- 2 cups white grape juice, split
- 1/4 cup berry sugar (very fine white sugar)
- 1 bottle Chardonnay wine
- 4-7 lemon mint leaves
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1 bottle ice cold soda water (same size as wine)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, sliced thin
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
In a saucepan combine 1 cup of the grape juice and berry sugar over medium heat, stirring until completely dissolved. Add 1 mint leaf. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
In an 8 cup container combine the cooled down juice, remaining juices, mint leaves and wine. Refrigerate overnight.
When ready to serve, add about half of the grapes, lime slices from 1 lime, and pour half of the sangria into the pitcher and top with cold soda water.
Serve this in cocktail glasses, garnish with a lime slice and a few apple slices and a mint leaf.
ooohhhh this is truly delightful.