- 9 oz. ravioli (4 cheese variety)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs. different coloured tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup white wine (chardonnay)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to packaging directions.
While pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large fry pan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for thirty seconds. Add tomatoes and simmer for about five minutes. Now stir in the wine and simmer for about three minutes.
Carefully stir in the cream and tarragon and simmer until it starts to thicken. Add cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
In a flat bowl or pretty edged plate, place three (if large) or five small ravioli on the plate and spoon sauce over the pasta. Serve immediately.
Add a crisp salad, a light entree and a glass of wine. What more can you ask for?
This is so much better than the quick store bought. Try it, you will love it.