Even Mikey likes this. My grandaughter (when small) called broccoli ‘trees’. So this is a nice way to eat the ‘trees’.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Hellmanâ€™s mayonnaise
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 2 cups thinly slices fresh button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 10 oz. can orange slices drained, or
- 2 blood oranges segmented (if in season)
In a saucepan, whisk the first six ingredients and cook until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in the mayo until smooth. Cool. Marinate broccoli in dressing for several hours. Add remaining ingredients and toss well.
Serve with grilled Italian Bread, two servings of warm sunshine, and a bottle or so of wine. Enjoy! Bring it on. Tell me, does this qualify as being “green”?
I know, that’s bad…later