This is a lovely dessert. I can’t imagine anyone not liking the flavours of apples, oatameal and toasted pecans…yummmmmm!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/8 cups of rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 1/8 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups toasted, chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter, cut into cubes and softened
- 4 1/2 lbs tart-sweet apples such as a Gala
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 4 – 5 tbsp. sugar (to taste)
- 2 tbsp. flour
- cinnamon whipped cream or vanilla ice cream drizzled with Calvados
**what the heck, drizzle the Calvados over the whipping cream as well.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 13 x 9 inch baking dish
Sift together the flour, cinnamon and salt and add the oats, brown sugar into a bowl and blend the butter in with your fingers to form small clumps. amd set aside.
Peel and core apples and cut into 1/4 inch wedges then toss with lemon juice, sugar and flour in a large bowl. Transfer to a baking dish, spreading evenly.
Crumble the topping over the apples and bake until golden and the apples are tender, abpout 45 minutes.
Top with the cinnamon flavoured whipped cream or cinnamon whipped cream and be sure to drizzle some Calvados over this. OMG this is delicious.