This makes a refreshing salad to present to family and friends. Not everyone has had this one before, so here’s another “damn I can do this” dish.
- 3/4 lb. uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/3 cup fresh peas
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 100 grams prosciutto, cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh white button mushrooms
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
Bring water to the boil; and cook the orzo according to package instructions. Strain and let cool.
In a mixing bowl, add the peas, tomatoes, mushrooms and prosciutto. Stir in the olive oil and lemon. Add the basil, cheese, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat.
Serve with a Chardonnay.