Not always wanting to prepare and serve the “same old-same old” type of salad, this one should and will peak your interest again. Get ready to take the leap.
- 2 ripe pears (Bartlett for their juicy quality)
- 3 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 head frisee, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 head radicchio, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 head Belgian endive, leaves separated
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 3 oz. soft goat cheese, crumbled….well, as best you can!
Peel and core the pears and slice in wedges, place in a bowl and sprinkle with the lime juice, tossing to cover.
Add all the greens and toss to combine.
Now add the oil, salt and pepper, crumbled goat cheese and lightly toss to mix.
Serve on a pretty plate and add a parmesan cheese cracker, recipe follows.
Grate enough cheese to make 2 small or 1 medium size ‘cracker’ per plate. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and make mounds of cheese.
Spacing should be maybe 6 crackers per cookie sheet. Place in a pre-heated oven of 375 degrees.
Bake until the cheese melts and turns a golden colour. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few moments before transferring to a rack to cool. They will be crisp but fragile.
When serving salad, just lay a couple of the crackers on the side.
Ah, Shucks….you did it again! Wine, anyone?