- You probably have never tasted anything as scrumptuous as this dessert. When the server at the Oak Alley Plantation gave this as one of the choices for dessert at our luncheon 6 out of 7 chose it. The 7th was allergic to corn and this has cornstarch in it.
It is so easy to make but just taste it…….yummmmmmmm!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- unbaked pastry shell – 9 inch
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine the sugar, spices, vanilla, cornstarch, butter and eggs and beat on slow speed until the batter is blended and uniform.
Add the buttermilk and mix really well. Pour into an unbaked 9 inch pastry shell and bake for 40 minutes until it has set and is brown on top.
Add a dollop of ice cream or whipped cream on the side with a fresh strawberry on top.
This is absolutely THE best.