I thought this would wake up the taste buds a little. If you like spicy Chinese dishes, this one will do it for you. This is better than restaurant quality food.
- 12 oz. linguine
- 2 tbsp. roasted cashew butter (from health food stores)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 2 1/2 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 1/2 tsp. minced jalapeno pepper
- 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. dark rum (surprise)
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetend coconut milk
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
Cook the linguine in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Drain. Rinse in cold water, drain again and place in a bowl. Set aside.
In a small saucepan, comine the rest of the ingredients, except the noodles and cashews. Stir in 1/2 cup of water. Cook over a low heat, stirring constantly, until the cashew butter has melted. Do not let this boil. It should be the consistency of a thick cream. Add to the bowl of noodles , toss to coat, and sprinkle the top with the cashews.
Trust me, this makes my mouth water. It is a dish you will want to make again and again.