This is a nice light lunch for warmer days in the Spring.
- 30 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 limes, zest only
- pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 sundried tomatoes in oil, finely chopped
- 1 2/3 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp. grated asiago cheese
In a bowl combine the fresh tomatoes, thyme, garlic, sugar and half the olive oil, lime zest, salt and pepper
In a skillet, heat the remaining oil. Add the cherry tomato mixture and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the confit from the heat and set aside to cool down to room temperature.
In another bowl, combine the sundried tomatoes, ricotta cheese, asiago cheese, salt and pepper.
Cook the pasta al dente. Drain.
Add the tomato confit and the cheese mixture and toss to coat. This will serve 4 for a main course or 6-8 as an appetizer.
Serve with a chilled glass of wine, garlic toast, yummy.