Okay, so it’s the weekend and you want to order in Chinese food. To make it feel more like you made it, put this simple salad together and Voila! Damn you did it again.
- 3 – 4 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 6 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 – 1 1/2 tbsp. freshly grated (peeled) ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup vegtable oil
- 1/2 soba noodles, just cooked to tender and rinsed under cold water. Drain excess liquid.
- 2 carrots, cut into small matchsticks
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets,
- 2 medium zuccini (yellow and/or green) cut into small matchsticks
- 3-4 green onions, thinly sliced crosswise
Whisk together the lime juice, soy sauce, ginger and sugar and oil in a large bowl. Add remaining items and toss well to combine.
Serve this at room temperature and then dive into the ‘take-out’. I guarantee you will lick the bowl clean.
Enjoy…it was easy and certainly inexpensive.