This is a new take on ambrosia fruit salad and is very refreshing. On a hot summer morning, on the deck, at the beach…..it would be terrific.
- 2 cups plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 2 cups coarsely chopped FRESH pineapple
- sliced fresh fruit like papaya, blackberries, raspberries, and peaches for serving
- shaved coconut or unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- freshly grated nutmeg when serving
Whisk together the yogurt, cream. honey and zest in a bowl until it thickens and holds soft peaks.
Divide the pineapple evenly among 8 dishes (bowls). Top with the yogurt mixture and then, evenly, divide the fruit and top with the toasted coconut. A very light sprinkling of nutmeg will finish it off.
*Note: If you find this is not sweet enough, drizzle some honey over the top.