I seem to be on the side of working mothers and fathers, with busy lives and not much time to fuss and bother, with weekday dinners. Here is another snap to make and also very tasty. Add a slice or two of garlic toast, small salad and, of course, a glass of Pinot Gris (well chilled, naturally).
- 2 x 9 oz. pkg frozen cheese tortellini (I said it would be fast)
- 2 cups each broccolini and cauliflower florets
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (spicy or Italian herb)
- 1/2 cup dried tomato pesto
- 1 9 oz. pkg of roasted/grilled chicken breast strips, thawed
- Shaved asiago cheese
In a large 4 quart pot, cook tortellini as directed, add the broccolini and cauliflower for the last 4 minutes of cooking. Drain and return to the pot.
Stir in the undrained tomatoes, pesto and chicken. Cook, occasionally stirring until heated through.
Put into bowls, add the cheese and Voila! you did it again. Take a bow! Yummy!