I know what it is like….you have had hard day, dog-tired and somewhat famished. This, my friend, is a quick, easy and nutritious meal to make in under an hour.
- 3 cups medium shell pasta
- 1 small bunch of broccoli, cut in to florets that make up to 3 cups
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 12 oz. fully cooked spicy chicken sausage links, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup grated asiago cheese
- crushed red pepper flakes
In a large pot, cook the pasta according to directions, adding the florets the last 5 minutes of cooking time. Drain in cold water and drain again. Set aside
In a large skillet, heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the sausage pieces, onion and garlic, cooking until the sausage has browned. Stir occasionally to make sure it doesn’t burn and is cooked through.
Add the pasta, broth, salt and pepper and heat through. Add the arugula and toss gently to wilt the greens.
Divide among bowls, sprinkle with the cheese, Drizzle a little olive oil and lightly sprinkle with the pepper flakes.
Add bread or rolls and a glass of vino and voila! The world ceases to be a mad house. Enjoy!