Don’t laugh..it Is getting soon to be that time of year (unless you can bbq all winter long). Give this a try. So, so easy but oh so good.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup small basil leaves
- 1 tbsp. capers, drained and rinsed well
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes (all colours), halved
- 1 large Italian baguette, cut diagonally in 1 inch thick slices
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and cut in half
- Grated Asiago cheese for topping
Preheat the barbecue to a medium temperature. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, basil, capers and salt in a medium bowl and stir in the slices tomatoes. Set aside.
Barbecue the bread slices until grill marks form: 1 – 2 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate and rub 1 side of the toast with the garlic and spoon the tomato mixture on top.
Sprinkle the cheese on top and place on the top shelf of the barbecue to melt the cheese (be sure you have turned off the heat). This should just take a moment or two.