Everybody loves chicken noodle soup. Right? Then, of course, everyone loves fresh, spring vegetables? Yes, you do! Put them together and you come up with this fabulous, tasty and, may I say, healthy soup you will want make many times.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 4 cups orange/carrot juice blend – This is for real
- 1 – 14 oz. can chicken broth (reduced salt)
- 1 cup, carrots, cut on the diagonal
- 1 cup sliced celery, peeled
- 2 cups dried broad noodles
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (leftovers maybe?)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 tbsp. fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
In a large pot heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, cooking for 2 minutes. Add the curry powder and cook for one minute longer.
Carefully, add the orange-carrot juice, chicken broth, 1 cup water and pinch of salt. Add the carrots and celery and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
Add the noodles and cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the parsley and red pepper flakes. Serve hot with toasted baquette slices.