Okay…so you forgot to set your scale back 10 lbs. before Christmas Season began but never mind, this will put you back on track. It is easy and delicious
This salad will serve 4.
- 2 skinless trout fillets (8 oz. each, 1 inch thick)
- Sea salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 scallion, trimmed and sliced very thin
- 2 large oranges, peeled, white pith removed and segmented
- 1 large, ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups of baby arugula, spinach, stems removed , break into small pieces if some are too large to be eaten politely.
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- zest from lime
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Season lightly with salt and pepper and place in a baking dish large enough to hold both fillets. Drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil and sprinkle half of the scallion over the fillets.
Bake until opaque in center (about 10-12 minutes). Transfer to a plate and let cool.
Break the trout into pieces, dividing evenly among the 4 plates. Trop each with the orange segments, avocado and greens. Season with remaining oil, lime juice and a sprinkling of zest.
In a word….yummy!