This is easy-peasy and so delicious. This might be the start of a ‘in-home Chinese dinner’.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger (not powder)
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3/4 cup shelled frozen edamame, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, chilled
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion (optional)
In a small bowl, beat together the egg and the 1 tsp. soy sauce and set aside. In a wok or large skillet, heat the toasted sesame oil over a medium temperature. Add the egg mixture, stirring gently until set. Remove the egg and cool a little so you can handle.
Using your hands, roll the egg mixture into a log and using a sharp knife, cut into strips and set aside.
In the same wok, heat the vegetable oil over a medium heat and add the ginger and garlic, cooking for about 30 seconds. Add cabbage and cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously. Add the rice and 2 tbsp. soy sauce; cook and stir for about 3 minutes (until heated throughout). Add the egg mixture and, if using, the onion. This will make 4 servings.
In a word – YUM.