If you have a special celebration upcoming, make sure you save this one. It is purely delightful and truly special. Read on.
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups watermelon, peeled and cubed
- 2 slices cantaloupe, sliced thin and diced
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup watermelon, diced and reserved
- 1/2 cup crabmeat (from 8 crab legs or Costco container of crab meat)
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp. lime juice
To serve this soup, chill 4 soup bowls.
This is a very important step as it really does enhance the flavours of the soup.
Use a juicer and juice the cucumbers. Strain and put in a container and refrigerate. Wash the juicer and now put in the watermelon cubes and juice. Strain into a container and place in the refrigerator. Check these two after a while and remove any ‘floaties’ that may appear if missed when strained. Sprinkle the salt over the two waters and refrigerate.
Add the avocado and cantaloupe into the diced watermelon and divide equally in the 4 bowls. In a bowl, mix together the waters (cucumber and watermelon), add the lime juice and taste. You may need to add more lime juice or perhaps a touch more salt. (Your call).
Now divide the crab meat and place in the center of the bowl. Carefully pour the mixed waters in. Top with the chopped dill.