This is a little different but certainly tasty. There will be cries for ‘more please’.
- 1/2 cup Basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- 5 medium ears of corn, husk and silk removed
- 1/2 cup toasted pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped basil, fresh
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 2-3 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 large lime juiced (3-4 tbsp.)
- pinch of salt
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and quartered
- Baby spinach and arugula for each serving
In a large saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups of water to the boil, stir in the rice. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes on a lower temperature.
On the grill, brush melted butter over the corn and grill for about 6-7 minutes until lightly charred, turn often. Remove from the grill and let cool down. Cut the corn from the cob.
Drain the rice and stir in the corn, pistachios, basil, oil, lime juice and salt. Return to the stove and stir to combine and heat through.
To plate, add a generous serving of the fresh greens, plate the salad on top and add the avocado evenly. Serve with toasted brioche bread, glass of chilled wine and you have a feast.
Note: I added melted butter to the corn, and then drizzled the remaining butter over it all and simply mixed it lightly.