Don wanted to make a shrimp salad tonight for dinner but Kelly and I changed it to a Po’ Boy. It was soooo delicious. Try it and I know you will love it as well. Beats a heavy dinner and could also make a super lunch.
- 2 lbs. peeled and deveined shrimp
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 2 thinly sliced scallions
- 2 tbsp. freshly minced tarragon leaves
- 2/3 cup Hellman’s mayonnaise
- 4-6 Brioche buns, warmed in the oven
In a large saucepan add 7 cups of water and turn the heat to medium. Cook the shrimp for about 8-9 minutes, stirring them gently occasionally until they turn pink and are firm to the touch. Drain off the water.
Cut the shrimp in half in the middle and place in a bowl to cool down. Tamp with a paper towel to remove any excess water.
When cool, add the lime juice, generous pinch of salt and half that of pepper. Add the celery, scallions, tarragon and mayonnaise mixing well to combine then place in the refrigerator for about an hour.
Place the brioche buns in the oven to get warm (not toasted), and butter each side. Fill each bun with as much shrimp as the bun could possibly hold. Cut the sandwich in half, set on a pretty plate add several napkins, a glass of wine and my, oh, my, you will think you hear angelic music.
These are so awesome.