The warmer weather is coming soon and this will get you thinking how to have a wonderful, light meal. This could be one of the best.
- 1 lb. Black Forest ham, julienned
- 2 avocados, halved, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut crosswise and then into 1/2 inch wide slices (8 cups approx.)
- 6 bacon slices, cooked until crisp, drained and finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 oz. goat cheese (3/4 cup)
- 2 bunch watercress, stems removed
- 2 hardboiled eggs, each one cut in 8 pieces
In a large, but pretty bowl, spread the romaine lettuce over the bottom and now sprinkle on the bacon. Carefully, layer each item carefully out so that each layer is one item.
- 3 tbsp. Fig Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup really good quality olive oil
Whisk all the ingredients together to ensure all is blended and pour over the salad. Toss lightly and serve with warm Brioche buns and a glass of chilled white wine.
If lucky enough to be on the deck, enjoy, enjoy enjoy.